Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ok, that worked, and it will allow me to upload a video, but I can't because of this internet service, it still won't let me get to uploading photos, so, now I will tell you a little bit of my night last night.

I got home from work, and Hank said he wanted to have shrimp and chicken stir fry. (He had cleared all the snow that had fallen the past 20 hours off our driveway, and porch, and sidwalks, plus several other driveways and parking lots. Christina had the day off of school.) Well, back to the evening, so, I made dinner, and we ate, like usual, and I cleaned up, like usual. Then the strangest thing happened. I was walking around the living room, and looked outside in the darkness. It looked so pretty with our yard light shining on the new, crisp snow. I had my slippers on, and an blazer on, and actually walked outside, feeling the 15 degrees on my face, and it was so beautiful, and the stars were shining, and the world felt so very fresh. I also felt very, very small in this huge place called earth, and thought about what I'm here for. That is the million dollar question, isn't it?

Many thoughts have gone on since this past evening, and everything was peaceful at home. I walked on my treadmill then, FAST, and then went downstairs to watch American Idol with Hank and Christina, and continued to think about what I should now do with my life...

One thing is for sure, I CAN'T SING WORTH A DARN. :)

Now, I will try to go back to bed and with any hope at all, I will find some peace while I lay my old head down. MCT

5 comments:

TAITx3 said...

I hope you ended up getting some sleep...
Thanks for the updates.
Love you. Kara Mary

Anonymous said...

that sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

You described it so well, I could feel the cold air, I could hear the stillness in the air. Beautiful. I think one of the main things you have done in your life, is to give life and raise five children, that have gone on and will go on to be great people that will inspire people around them to be better, kinder people. You and Hank did a great job, your cup my overflow. I love you big sister.

Anonymous said...

You described it so well, I could feel the cold air, I could hear the stillness in the air. Beautiful. I think one of the main things you have done in your life, is to give life and raise five children, that have gone on and will go on to be great people that will inspire people around them to be better, kinder people. You and Hank did a great job, your cup my overflow. I love you big sister.

TAITx3 said...

Mom: You've already done a lot with your life. You've spent it helping others, so far. You have a lot ahead of you. It should be an exciting time contemplating what to do next. Love you, Jason